Heavy snowpack and flooding are causing logistical issues in the movement of dry beans. Johnstown Bean Company general manager Dylan Karley says since January, rail service has fell further and further behind. Hear more in this week’s Dry Bean Scene on the Red River Farm Network., made possible by the Northarvest Bean Growers Association.
North Dakota State University plant pathologist Julie Pasche is taking an integrated approach to dry bean disease management. Listen to more in this week’s Dry Bean Scene on the Red River Farm Network, made possible by the Northarvest Bean Growers Association.
February 10 is World Pulses Day, which celebrates pulses around the globe. As one of the most sustainable, nutritious and affordable foods worldwide, beans figure prominently in nearly all cultures.
Celebrate World Pulses Day by adding some quick global flavor to a pot of beans.
- Pair great northern beans with pasta, garlic, onions and tomatoes in a savory broth for a taste of Italy.
- Make Mexican tacos or tostadas with refried black beans
- Kidney beans were first cultivated in Peru, so cook them in a stew with other traditional foods like potatoes, chili peppers, and red onions.
- Celebrate traditional British bean cuisine by having baked beans on toast for breakfast
- Puree white beans with berbere, an essential Ethiopian spice that contains chili powder, fenugreek, fenugreek, ginger, garlic, cardamom, and cinnamon.
Compared to a week ago, trading activity was slow with very light demand. Contract product is moving steady. Mexican peso per US dollar exchange rate is 19.0501.
Trading activity was slow with very light demand. Contract product is moving steady. Mexican peso per US dollar exchange rate is 19.1704.
Weekly Dry Bean, Pea and Lentil Market News
Northarvest Bean Grower – Our Mission:
NHBGA, growers representing growers through the check-off system, is North America’s largest supplier of quality dry beans. Working together to better the industry through promotion, research, market development, education of consumers and monitoring of governmental policy. Our future goals must be continued market exposure and careful monitoring of new ideas, consumer choices, and producer needs.
50072 E. Lake Seven Road, Frazee, MN 56544