- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, sliced
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small jalapeqo chili, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained, or 1 3/4 cups cooked dry-packaged black beans
- 1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained, or 1 3/4 cups cooked dry-packaged pinto beans
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 tortillas (6-inch)
- 3/4 to 1 cup (3 to 4 ounces) shredded four-cheese Mexican blend or reduced-fat four-cheese Mexican blend
- Salsa, as garnish
- Sour cream, as garnish
- Preheat oven at 450 degrees.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Sauté zucchini, onion, garlic, jalapeno chili and cumin until crisp & tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans to side of skillet; coarsely mash about half the beans. Mix beans, tomato and cilantro into onion mixture and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon 1/3 cup mixture on one side of each tortilla and sprinkle with 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese. Fold tortillas in half and spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Bake on cookie sheet until browned and crisp, 5 to 7 minutes, or cook in large skillet over medium heat until browned, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Garnish quesadillas with salsa and sour cream.
Northarvest Bean Grower – Our Mission:
NHBGA, growers representing growers through the check-off system, is North America’s largest supplier of quality dry beans. Working together to better the industry through promotion, research, market development, education of consumers and monitoring of governmental policy. Our future goals must be continued market exposure and careful monitoring of new ideas, consumer choices, and producer needs.
50072 E. Lake Seven Road, Frazee, MN 56544