https://northarvestbean.org/wp-content/uploads/northarvest-bean-logo.png 0 0 Red River Farm Network https://northarvestbean.org/wp-content/uploads/northarvest-bean-logo.png Red River Farm Network2021-03-01 22:07:332021-03-05 22:08:15USDA Announces March Lending Rate for Agricultural Producers
USDA Announces March Lending Rate for Agricultural Producers
USDA announced loan interest rates for March 2021, which were effective March 1. Interest rates for Operating and Ownership Loans are as follows:
- Farm Operating Loans (Direct): 1.375%
- Farm Operating Loans (Microloan “Special Interest Rate”): 5.000%
- Farm Ownership Loans (Direct): 2.750%
- Farm Ownership Loans (Direct, Joint Financing): 2.500%
- Farm Ownership Loans (Down Payment): 1.500%
- Emergency Loan (Amount of Actual Loss): 2.375%
FSA also offers guaranteed loans through commercial lenders at rates set by those lenders. You can find out which of these loans may be right for you by using our Farm Loan Discovery Tool.
FSA provides low-interest financing to producers to build or upgrade on-farm storage facilities and purchase handling equipment. FSA also offers commodity loans that provide interim financing to help producers meet cash flow needs without having to sell their commodities when market prices are low. Funds for these loans are provided through the Commodity Credit Corporation (CCC) and administered by FSA.
- Commodity Loans (less than one year disbursed): 1.125%
- Farm Storage Facility Loans:
- Three-year loan terms: 0.250%
- Five-year loan terms: 0.500%
- Seven-year loan terms: 0.875%
- Ten-year loan terms: 1.125%
- Twelve-year loan terms: 1.375%
- Sugar Storage Facility Loans (15 years): 1.500%
Producers can explore available options on all FSA loan options at fsa.usda.gov or by contacting your local USDA Service Center.