- Maintain a 6-foot distance between people whenever possible.
- Wear a mask when working around others.
- Develop a cohesive plan for the whole farm.
- Have enough vehicles so people can drive separately or in pairs as often as possible. Assign equipment, tractors and pickups to individuals as much as possible, especially for those who may be considered at higher risk of developing illnesses.
- Limit the number of individuals in vehicles when riding from field to field, and wear a mask when sharing this space.
- Limit ride-alongs of nonessential workers or family.
- Stagger breaks and mealtimes to minimize the number of individuals in the breakroom at one time, and encourage cleaning and disinfecting between uses.
Acreage decisions haven’t been easy for farmers in the Northern Plains this year. Northland Community and Technical College Farm Business Management instructor Betsy Jensen says while some farmers have started planting, others have yet to turn a wheel. Get the details in the Dry Bean Scene on the Red River Farm Network, made possible by the Northarvest Bean Growers Association.
Northarvest Bean Grower – Our Mission:
NHBGA, growers representing growers through the check-off system, is North America’s largest supplier of quality dry beans. Working together to better the industry through promotion, research, market development, education of consumers and monitoring of governmental policy. Our future goals must be continued market exposure and careful monitoring of new ideas, consumer choices, and producer needs.
50072 E. Lake Seven Road, Frazee, MN 56544