February 10 is World Pulses Day, which celebrates pulses around the globe. As one of the most sustainable, nutritious and affordable foods worldwide, beans figure prominently in nearly all cultures.
Celebrate World Pulses Day by adding some quick global flavor to a pot of beans.
- Pair great northern beans with pasta, garlic, onions and tomatoes in a savory broth for a taste of Italy.
- Make Mexican tacos or tostadas with refried black beans
- Kidney beans were first cultivated in Peru, so cook them in a stew with other traditional foods like potatoes, chili peppers, and red onions.
- Celebrate traditional British bean cuisine by having baked beans on toast for breakfast
- Puree white beans with berbere, an essential Ethiopian spice that contains chili powder, fenugreek, fenugreek, ginger, garlic, cardamom, and cinnamon.