- On August 26 we hosted the first review of the Mexico dry bean crop for the Spring/Summer harvest. Subsequent webinars will be scheduled after the harvest.
- In early September we will hold a virtual trade mission to the Dominican Republic and Jamaica.
- In early to Mid September we will host a discussion on trade consultations with the United Kingdom.
- Next week we will host the first meeting of our newly formed Bean Innovation Working Group
- In the Fall we will begin a series of webinars on the U.S. dry bean harvest for our global buyers.
- There will be virtual trade missions to Central America and Colombia/Panama planned before the end of the year.
The U.S. Dry Bean Council has joined forces with the Culinary Institute of America in a new innovative to promote dry beans during the coronavirus pandemic. Get the details from USDBC Executive Director Rebecca in this week’s Dry Bean Scene on the Red River Farm Network, made possible in part by the Northarvest Bean Growers Association.
- Purchase frequency
- Outlets purchasing from
- Amount spent in a typical month
- Types of dry beans purchased
- Purchase intent
While Chile used to be an important exporter in the region, it now exports fewer than 2,000 MT of domestic beans a year. Chilean importers are interested in establishing direct relationships with US suppliers and learning more about US dry beans – including quality, phytosanitary measures, varieties, and availability.
Northarvest Bean Grower – Our Mission:
NHBGA, growers representing growers through the check-off system, is North America’s largest supplier of quality dry beans. Working together to better the industry through promotion, research, market development, education of consumers and monitoring of governmental policy. Our future goals must be continued market exposure and careful monitoring of new ideas, consumer choices, and producer needs.
50072 E. Lake Seven Road, Frazee, MN 56544