- $3.3 billion for agricultural research programs, with $1.51 billion for the Agricultural Research Service and $1.54 billion for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
- $1.06 billion for the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service and $1.07 billion for the Food Safety and Inspection Service.
- $1.43 billion for the Farm Service Agency, which is an increase of $20 million over FY20 enacted levels.
- $832 million for Natural Resources Conservation Service.
- $400 million for the ReConnect Broadband Pilot Program. The House-passed FY21 funding bill included $990 million for the ReConnect Program.
The Senate approved a fiscal year 2020 budget on Thursday, sending a $1.43 trillion spending bill to President Donald Trump and avoiding a government shutdown. The 2,300 page deal includes 13 appropriation bills.
The U.S. Senate approved the Agriculture Appropriations Bill for Fiscal Year 2020. North Dakota Senator John Hoeven, who chairs the Senate Agriculture Appropriations Committee, says the legislation makes sure farmers have access to risk management tools and capital. Funds for implementing the 2018 Farm Bill are a part of the bill. Also included is support for crop insurance and direct, guaranteed and emergency loans.
Northarvest Bean Grower – Our Mission:
NHBGA, growers representing growers through the check-off system, is North America’s largest supplier of quality dry beans. Working together to better the industry through promotion, research, market development, education of consumers and monitoring of governmental policy. Our future goals must be continued market exposure and careful monitoring of new ideas, consumer choices, and producer needs.
50072 E. Lake Seven Road, Frazee, MN 56544