- Pinto bean seed yield increased more than 3 hundredweight (cwt) per acre with in-furrow (IF, meaning fertilizer placed directly with seed) -applied 10-34-0 at 2 to 3 gallons per acre (gpa), compared with the untreated check.
- Yield was similar with IF- and band-applied (2 inches horizontally placed from planted seed) 10-34-0 at 3 to 6 gpa, although the plant population was reduced with IF application.
- Broadcast or midrow (centered between 22- or 30-inch rows) band-applied 10-34-0 did not increase yield.
- Yield was similar between low (2.5 to 3 gpa) and high (5 to 6 gpa) rates of IF-applied 10-34-0. The high fertilizer rate reduced the plant population.
- The plant population and yield were similar between IF-applied 10-34-0 and the low-salt fertilizer 6-24-6.
Northarvest Bean Grower – Our Mission:
NHBGA, growers representing growers through the check-off system, is North America’s largest supplier of quality dry beans. Working together to better the industry through promotion, research, market development, education of consumers and monitoring of governmental policy. Our future goals must be continued market exposure and careful monitoring of new ideas, consumer choices, and producer needs.
50072 E. Lake Seven Road, Frazee, MN 56544