- On August 26 we hosted the first review of the Mexico dry bean crop for the Spring/Summer harvest. Subsequent webinars will be scheduled after the harvest.
- In early September we will hold a virtual trade mission to the Dominican Republic and Jamaica.
- In early to Mid September we will host a discussion on trade consultations with the United Kingdom.
- Next week we will host the first meeting of our newly formed Bean Innovation Working Group
- In the Fall we will begin a series of webinars on the U.S. dry bean harvest for our global buyers.
- There will be virtual trade missions to Central America and Colombia/Panama planned before the end of the year.
- Maintain a 6-foot distance between people whenever possible.
- Wear a mask when working around others.
- Develop a cohesive plan for the whole farm.
- Have enough vehicles so people can drive separately or in pairs as often as possible. Assign equipment, tractors and pickups to individuals as much as possible, especially for those who may be considered at higher risk of developing illnesses.
- Limit the number of individuals in vehicles when riding from field to field, and wear a mask when sharing this space.
- Limit ride-alongs of nonessential workers or family.
- Stagger breaks and mealtimes to minimize the number of individuals in the breakroom at one time, and encourage cleaning and disinfecting between uses.
Northarvest Bean Grower – Our Mission:
NHBGA, growers representing growers through the check-off system, is North America’s largest supplier of quality dry beans. Working together to better the industry through promotion, research, market development, education of consumers and monitoring of governmental policy. Our future goals must be continued market exposure and careful monitoring of new ideas, consumer choices, and producer needs.
50072 E. Lake Seven Road, Frazee, MN 56544