Various Regional & National Promotion Activities
Throughout the year, Northarvest supports various regional and national trade shows, development and communications programs and marketing promotions. Below is a short list of the different types of regional and national promotion activities that Northarvest supports:
- Northarvest sponsored several regional trade shows, including WIC, Living Ag Classroom, ND Winter Show, NDSU Harvest Bowl, Eat Smart Play Hard and the 5th Annual Banquet in the Field.
- Northarvest works with the Red River Farm Network (RRFN) to keep growers updated on important agricultural issues. This partnership provides the BeanGrower Magazine, “The Dry Bean Scene” and the weekly Northarvest e-newsletter.
- The Northarvest Bean Growers Association sponsored the North Dakota Agriculture magazine, which showcases agriculture throughout the state.
- CIA World Bean Kitchen Recipe Development created five new recipes focusing on Beans and World Spices. Recipes and videos are online at CIAprochef.com/northarvest.
- The CIA Social Media program reports for the third quarter a total of more than 19,000 views about beans on YouTube and iTunes. Total video views of more than 565,000 since launch. More than 5,800 people follow the CIA’s Pinterest board, with 46 pins. On May 30, 2018, an eblast announcing new content had also been sent to more than 23,000 food service professionals.
- Northarvest works with an agriculture, health and nutrition communications firm Communique to provide dietitians, nutritionists and consumers with up-to-date information along with strengthening the promotion of dry beans as a delicious and nutritious lifestyle. Communique continually monitors The Bean Institute website by keeping it fresh, responding to visitors’ questions and requests, adding all materials as they become available, updating newsletter issues of the Bean Bites, and monitoring of website traffic and analyzing usage data. Communique also emails “The Bean Bites,” (one “bite-sized” piece of edible bean material that is informative, easy-to-read and also written by a registered dietitians)weekly to more than 5,600 dietitians and nutritionists.