- open to growers of fruits, vegetables, or other specialty crops in OH, IN, MI, WI, MN, IA, MO, KS, NE, ND, and SD.
- intended to document the risk, frequency, management, and economic impact of drift damage among specialty crop growers in the region.
- needed to establish herbicide drift as a serious economic and regulatory concern in [your state] and across the North Central U.S.
- estimated to take 5-20 minutes, depending on your experience with drift damage.
- facilitated by The Ohio State University and funded by the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture through agreement 2018-70006-28884.
- Farm Operating Loans (Direct): 1.375%
- Farm Operating Loans (Microloan “Special Interest Rate”): 5.000%
- Farm Ownership Loans (Direct): 2.750%
- Farm Ownership Loans (Direct, Joint Financing): 2.500%
- Farm Ownership Loans (Down Payment): 1.500%
- Emergency Loan (Amount of Actual Loss): 2.375%
Farmers are finalizing acreage decisions for the 2021 planting season. For farmers considering planting dry beans, NDSU Extension’s Greg Endres says the profit potential certainly is there. Get the full details in this week’s Dry Bean Scene on the Red River Farm Network, made possible by the Northarvest Bean Growers Association.
Soybean cyst nematode is not just a problem in soybeans, it can also be a problem in dry beans. Learn more from NDSU Extension plant pathologist Sam Markell in the Dry Bean Scene on the Red River Farm Network. This weekly program is made possible by the Northarvest Bean Growers Association.
Data is now available for dry bean variety trial results from NDSU Extension. Learn more from Extension agronomist Hans Kandel in the latest Dry Bean Scene on the Red River Farm Network, made possible by the Northarvest Bean Growers Association.
- Market types and variety review – Hans Kandel, Extension agronomist
- Recommendations for selected plant establishment factors – Greg Endres, Extension cropping systems specialist
- Soil considerations and plant nutrition – Dave Franzen, Extension soil science specialist
- Insect management – Janet Knodel, Extension entomologist
- Disease management – Sam Markell, Extension plant pathologist
- Weed management – Joe Ikley, Extension weed specialist
Northarvest Bean Grower – Our Mission:
NHBGA, growers representing growers through the check-off system, is North America’s largest supplier of quality dry beans. Working together to better the industry through promotion, research, market development, education of consumers and monitoring of governmental policy. Our future goals must be continued market exposure and careful monitoring of new ideas, consumer choices, and producer needs.
50072 E. Lake Seven Road, Frazee, MN 56544