Drought Conditions Expand in North Dakota
Extreme drought conditions in North Dakota increased seven percent this past week. The latest U.S. Drought Monitor puts 82 percent of the state in that category. The remaining 18 percent is experiencing some form of dryness. The majority of Minnesota has sufficient moisture, with far southern and northwestern areas either abnormally dry or in moderate drought. Compared to last week, there was a 10 percent increase in moderate and abnormally dry conditions. The exception comes in Kittson County where there is severe drought.
Check out the Drought Monitor.