https://northarvestbean.org/wp-content/uploads/northarvest-bean-logo.png 0 0 Red River Farm Network https://northarvestbean.org/wp-content/uploads/northarvest-bean-logo.png Red River Farm Network2021-02-04 21:44:172021-02-04 21:44:17“Getting It Right” Dry Bean Webinar Held
“Getting It Right” Dry Bean Webinar Held
Farmers and crop advisers had the opportunity to receive dry edible bean production information during a virtual “Getting It Right” meeting that NDSU Extension held this past Tuesday, February 2.
The subjects that were covered and presenters included:
- Market types and variety review – Hans Kandel, Extension agronomist
- Recommendations for selected plant establishment factors – Greg Endres, Extension cropping systems specialist
- Soil considerations and plant nutrition – Dave Franzen, Extension soil science specialist
- Insect management – Janet Knodel, Extension entomologist
- Disease management – Sam Markell, Extension plant pathologist
- Weed management – Joe Ikley, Extension weed specialist
Also during the program, Mitch Coulter, Northarvest executive director, provided an update from the organization. In addition, a prerecorded video that provides a dry bean market update by Frayne Olson, Extension crops economist, was available.
Videos from the webinar are posted online at: https://www.ag.ndsu.edu/carringtonrec/videos.