- Market types and variety review – Hans Kandel, Extension agronomist
- Recommendations for selected plant establishment factors – Endres
- Soil considerations and plant nutrition – Dave Franzen, Extension soil science specialist
- Insect management – Janet Knodel, Extension entomologist
- Disease management – Sam Markell, Extension plant pathologist
- Weed management – Joe Ikley, Extension weed specialist
http://northarvestbean.org/wp-content/uploads/northarvest-bean-logo.png 0 0 Red River Farm Network http://northarvestbean.org/wp-content/uploads/northarvest-bean-logo.png Red River Farm Network2021-01-26 06:22:412021-01-29 10:15:16“Getting It Right” Dry Bean Webinar Slated for Feb. 2
Farmers and crop advisers will have an opportunity to receive dry edible bean production information during a virtual “Getting It Right” meeting that NDSU Extension is holding.
“This webinar will provide concise presentations to reach dry bean producers and crop advisers with research-based production recommendations for 2021,” says Greg Endres, Extension cropping systems specialist based at NDSU’s Carrington Research Extension Center.
The subjects that will be covered and presenters are:
Also during the program, Mitch Coulter, Northarvest executive director, will provide an update of the organization. In addition, a prerecorded video that provides a dry bean market update by Frayne Olson, Extension crops economist, will be available.
Preregistration is required to participate in the meeting. Visit https://www.ag.ndsu.edu/carringtonrec/events to view the schedule and preregister. Those who preregister will receive emailed instructions to participate in the meeting. The February 2 presentations will be recorded and archived. Certified crop adviser continuing education credits will be available for meeting participants.
NDSU Extension is organizing and conducting the meeting in cooperation with the Northarvest Bean Growers Association.