- On August 26 we hosted the first review of the Mexico dry bean crop for the Spring/Summer harvest. Subsequent webinars will be scheduled after the harvest.
- In early September we will hold a virtual trade mission to the Dominican Republic and Jamaica.
- In early to Mid September we will host a discussion on trade consultations with the United Kingdom.
- Next week we will host the first meeting of our newly formed Bean Innovation Working Group
- In the Fall we will begin a series of webinars on the U.S. dry bean harvest for our global buyers.
- There will be virtual trade missions to Central America and Colombia/Panama planned before the end of the year.
https://northarvestbean.org/wp-content/uploads/northarvest-bean-logo.png 0 0 Red River Farm Network https://northarvestbean.org/wp-content/uploads/northarvest-bean-logo.png Red River Farm Network2020-09-01 18:52:402020-09-04 18:53:30The Future is Virtual… For Now
Source: U.S. Dry Bean Council
As we approach dry bean harvest, we would normally begin gearing up to receive global buyers across bean country to observe the new crop. We’d also be getting ready for a busy fall and winter trade mission and trade show season to discuss the new crop with our global customers.
The good news is – all of this will still happen, the not necessarily bad news is – it will look and feel a bit different this year due to ongoing Covid travel concerns and restrictions. While in person events will not take place, many virtual events are scheduled. The virtual format allows us to add new events, including harvest reviews in other countries, and ultimately allows us to reach more of our target audience.
Here are some of our plans over the harvest season:
There will likely be additional events programmed, we will keep you informed, stay tuned.