The authentic Mexican breakfast dish is easy to make and packed full of flavor. Pinto beans and eggs add nutrients while green chiles, cilantro and lime juice add spice and fresh zest!
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 10-ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained, or 1 3/4 cups cooked dry-packaged pinto beans Cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 4 fat-free flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- In a medium saucepan combine the tomatoes and enchilada sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thick.
- Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and lime juice. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place water and beans and partially mash with a fork.
- Cover and microwave at high 2 minutes, or until hot.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Add eggs; cook 1 minute on each side or until done to desired degree.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spread about 1/3 cup beans over each tortilla; top with an egg. Spoon 1/2 cup sauce around egg; sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup cheese.