https://northarvestbean.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/bigstock-Breakfast-Oatmeal-Porridge-Wit-295967239-604x270-1.jpg 269 427 Red River Farm Network https://northarvestbean.org/wp-content/uploads/northarvest-bean-logo.png Red River Farm Network2020-05-08 11:21:432020-05-08 21:22:40White Bean Oatmeal
White Bean Oatmeal
If you’re trying to incorporate beans into your diet more often, don’t overlook breakfast options. With their creamy texture and neutral flavor, white beans are a perfect addition to oatmeal and a valuable way to give morning meals a protein boost. This recipe is adapted from The Simple Bean: A Bean Toolkit for Older Adults.
- 1 cup cooked white beans, rinsed, drained, and mashed
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ tbsp maple syrup or any liquid sweetener
- Dash of cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and heat over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Reduce heat and cook uncovered for about 7 minutes.
- Serve with blueberries, chopped walnuts, or any favorite oatmeal toppings.