If you’re trying to incorporate beans into your diet more often, don’t overlook breakfast options. With their creamy texture and neutral flavor, white beans are a perfect addition to oatmeal and a valuable way to give morning meals a protein boost. This recipe is adapted from The Simple Bean: A Bean Toolkit for Older Adults
- 1 cup cooked white beans, rinsed, drained, and mashed
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ tbsp maple syrup or any liquid sweetener
- Dash of cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and heat over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Reduce heat and cook uncovered for about 7 minutes.
- Serve with blueberries, chopped walnuts, or any favorite oatmeal toppings.