https://northarvestbean.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/bigstock-leisure-holidays-and-people-c-240664510_web-600x270.jpg 267 378 Red River Farm Network https://northarvestbean.org/wp-content/uploads/northarvest-bean-logo.png Red River Farm Network2020-05-22 10:26:422020-05-22 10:26:42The Perfect Picnic Side
The Perfect Picnic Side
As the temperatures rise, fuss-free dishes like this pasta and bean salad are just right for supper on the deck or patio. Make it in the morning to allow the flavors to develop – and so that you don’t need to think about supper until it’s time to eat.
- 8 ounces rotini pasta, cooked
- 3 15-ounce cans of any beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups frozen or canned corn kernels
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Red pepper flakes to taste (start with ¼ tsp)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, beans, and corn.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the salad dressing, mayonnaise, and red pepper flakes until well mixed.
- Stir into the pasta salad.
- Add salt, pepper, and additional red pepper to taste.