- Canned tomatoes and tomato sauce: Simmer canned or cooked beans in any type of tomato sauce for a dish packed with nutrition and Mediterranean flavor
- Frozen vegetables. Add frozen spinach, kale, or collards to beans along with a can of diced tomatoes for a satisfying soup.
- Onions and garlic: Sautéed in a little oil, onions, and garlic add fast flavor to beans.
- Aged cheeses. Mix shredded cheese with breadcrumbs as a topping for any baked bean recipe.
- Don’t forget favorite condiments like soy sauce, hot sauce, canned peppers, salsa, and balsamic vinegar to build fast flavor into a pot of beans.
https://northarvestbean.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Screenshot_2020-04-10-ccnewsletter01-pdf.png 287 257 Red River Farm Network https://northarvestbean.org/wp-content/uploads/northarvest-bean-logo.png Red River Farm Network2020-05-01 13:51:152020-05-01 13:51:15Pantry Items to Pair with Beans
If you’re cooking from a well-stocked pantry, you may be eating more beans than ever. To keep meal preparation simple and varied, make sure your pantry is also stocked with these shelf-stable ingredients that enhance bean dishes.