- They are easy to grow, making them a foolproof choice for anyone and a fun choice for kids who are new to gardening.
- They add color and beauty to any vegetable garden. Some, like kidney beans, produce beautiful red flowers. Pinto beans grow in colorful pods.
- Certain choices, like cranberry beans, add drama to the landscape.
- You can store the harvest all winter without any additional processing.
- They improve the health of garden soil by adding nitrogen.
https://northarvestbean.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Beans-In-The-Garden-600x270.png 270 600 Red River Farm Network http://northarvestbean.org/wp-content/uploads/northarvest-bean-logo.png Red River Farm Network2019-05-16 10:12:162019-05-17 10:15:22Beans in the Garden
Spring is here! Time to prep the garden, plan your summer menus and then get to planting those summertime edibles! Simply delicious and naturally nutritious, dry beans are a MUST in your vegetable garden this spring.
Here are five reasons why:
Ready to grow beans? Here’s a handy how-to guide to get you started.